Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Final

I don't have much to report this time as there really wasn't much involved in the process. I started with the Mudbox bust and just built detail into it from there. Normally, I'd add a ton of detail, hate it, smooth most of it out and repeat until I got something I could be satisfied with.

I did notice that sculpting with a tablet was definitely far superior to the mouse. The pressure sensitivity really did another dimension of control.

I was planning on doing more expressions with this character's face but I really ran out of time. I tried to paint it but I've never really had to paint stuff that looked semi-realistic before so it was hard for me. If it had been a bit more cartoony I think I could have managed to create something that I'd have been satisfied with but it just wasn't going to happen.

So instead of painting it, I just added more detail to it. I'm not completely unpleased with the way it came out. Although I think it came out looking a lot more Roman Emperor-looking than I originally intended but.. I think it works.




No comments:

Post a Comment