Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Midterm Portfolio


Croquis Page


Figure 1


Figure 2


Skeleton Drawing


I had access to one of those small wooden mannequin things so I figured it'd be fun to pose it and draw it.


I took a photo of a man in his underwear with some kind of machine gun and attempted to draw it. The proportions are definitely wacky. I think things seem especially off in his legs. There was some foreshortening there that I just failed to recreate.

Working with traditional pencil and paper is kind of a pain. I really don't draw much and when I do draw it's always on the computer. I've really gotten very reliant on the computer's ability to cut, resize, and rotate. Sometimes I found myself thinking I could fix this in no time at all if I could just transform it.

No comments:

Post a Comment